Psychiatry Services at the Office of Sandhya J Prashad, MD
Exceptional Psychiatric Care for Houston Residents
When it comes to women’s health issues, mental health can be quite serious. As a woman, your mental state throughout her reproductive life cycle may fluctuate cause a series of other conditions. Mood disorders can impact the overall health of you and your family. Dr. Sandhya Prashad strives to raise industry standards for reproductive psychiatric treatment, care, and support.
Sandhya J. Prashad, MD offers the following services in Houston:
- Reproductive Psychiatry : Treatment specialization in psychiatric conditions that occur during a women’s reproductive period including pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, postpartum, perimenopause, and menopause stages.
- Medication Management : Receive continuous monitoring and adjustments of treatment plans as needed. The total number of appointments vary for each patient depending on the severity of symptoms, response to medication, and side effects.
- Comprehensive Evaluation : During a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Prashad, previous and current records are evaluated and assessed in order to develop a tailored treatment plan for the patient during the first appointment.
- Conditions Treated : A variety of reproductive psychiatric conditions can be treated under the care of Dr. Prashad. A few of examples include alcohol abuse, depression, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
- Psychiatric Illness During Pregnancy : Dr. Prashad offers personalized treatment plans for various psychiatric illnesses experienced during pregnancy, such as anxiety and depression.
- Postpartum Disorders : Receive treatment plans for management of postpartum-related disorders. Common disorders include anxiety and depression.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Prashad
Dr. Prashad is passionate about treating women’s psychiatric needs. She continues to be active within the Houston and Bellaire communities to raise awareness regarding mood disorders. If you’re ready to receive top-quality psychiatric treatment, care, and support, please call the office at (832) 436-4055 to schedule an appointment today!